Agenda Day 1
Thursday, June 28th, 2018
You’ve heard how blockchain is revolutionizing business processes across virtually every industry – or promising to. But what does this technology mean for Shared Services Organizations specifically? In this session, you’ll learn why some commentators have describe SSO’s role with blockchain is as “proof of concept” for the blockchain, the ideal place to start testing and piloting the technology within a company. Among the questions this session will address are:
- What are the most promising blockchain use cases for Shared Service Organizations?
- What are the potential benefits – and challenges -- of implementing a blockchain solution?
- How is it already being implemented by SSOs?
Procure to Pay is one of the functions within Shared Services where blockchain has the most obvious potential. In this session, we’ll look at how the P2P process benefit from the technology, from ordering through to invoicing and payment, including:
- Why P2P is such an intuitive fit for a blockchain implementation
- The operational benefits blockchain can deliver benefits in terms of speed, security, accountability and transparency
- Key questions to ask before applying blockchain to a PTP business